8/20/2011

Monsoons!

Our beloved desert monsoons will be officially over very soon. This makes me very sad. I am enjoying every second of them while I can though and will forever be dreaming of living in a place where it rains more!

I tried to get some shots of the last rain that we got (without drowning the camera or my phone!).

I think one of my favorite parts of the rain is watching the rain drops make their water waves when they hit water.

Our little gardenia plant was very happy!

I think I would spend hours staring at clouds, especially stormy ones!


The rain is somewhat of an inspiration to me and my jewelry.

In my shop, I have a little mini-line of necklaces that pay tribute to the rain. I have my rain drop cloud necklaces as well as my lightening bolt designs.

These started early last year and have evolved substantially since.

These were the original. I loved them way back when but absolutely love the newer design.

The cloud design started off with one necklace, purchased by the owner of Wooden Tooth, a shop that carried my work. She wore it around the shop a lot and apparently got a ton of complements. She asked me if I would be willing to create these as an exclusive piece for her shop. I was thrilled to have such interest in a design that I would get a request like this!

Sadly, the Wooden Tooth closed but not before all but one of my clouds sold.
I got requests from a couple other shops, Black Rose Tattooers, Bohemia Tucson and Church of Satin for the clouds and took that opportunity to revamp them. Here is what I came up with.


There isn't as much movement with this design as the lightening bolt is soldered onto the cloud but I think it makes for a much sturdier piece.

I decided to add to the cloud theme and came up with my "Dancing through Rain Drops" necklace. I also have a mini version.

I titled this, Dancing through Rain Drops, because that is what I do every time it rains. I can't resist.

What is your favorite weather or season and why?

©2011. All images property of Sara Moore.

1 comment:

  1. i love the rain! anytime I see the clouds start to roll in here, I get so excited. It rains more here than I thought it would.
    I need to order me one of those necklaces, btw

    ReplyDelete